Software Tools Team Leader
Research & Development (R&D) / Product Development / Software & FPGA
Baraja is changing the world of self driving cars, through their invention of a new type of LiDAR, called Spectrum-Scan which delivers the highest performance available. Expanding globally, backed by some of the world’s greatest investors and with a team that has already delivered an amazing product, Baraja is the next Australia based, globally focused, $B tech company.
Having recently closed a Series A round with Sequoia Capital, Blackbird Ventures and Main Sequence Ventures, we are searching for a Software Tools Team Leader to join our Product Development Team based in Sydney. The Product Development team is responsible for developing and delivering products: from concept phase to customer evaluation and mass manufacture.
You will be results orientated, self-motivated, enjoy working on challenging problems and consider innovative solutions to those problems. You will show a flexible attitude and love working in a fast-paced start-up environment. You will be passionate about product development, software engineering and managing a small team. In this role you will have the potential to make a significant impact on the future of the business.
Your role will involve, but not be limited to:
· Manage the Software Tools Team’s members and the successful outcome of the team’s objectives
· Collaborate with internal and external customers to clarify new feature requests and bug reports
· Develop drivers (ROS) and tools (calibration, static analysis, etc) and improve existing ones (customer facing application, BarajaViewer)
· Develop (automated) tests
· Work with systems, production, quality management, and customer support teams to resolve technical issues
· Present design alternatives and experimental results to the product development team for review, and review other team member’s designs
You will need:
· Bachelor’s or higher in Computer Science, Software/Electrical/Electronic engineering or equivalent
· Current permit to work full time in Australia on an ongoing basis
· Experience leading a small team of engineers
· Experience developing C++ code
· Experience creating GUI applications (Windows, QT, GTK+ or other)
· Experience developing Python scripts
· Experience with Jenkins build/test automation
· Experience using GIT or another version control tool
· Passionate about software engineering
· Great communication skills, oral and written
· Enthusiasm and motivation to take ownership of a project
· Professional, customer-focussed attitude
It would be great if you also had:
· Experience using Linux
· Experience creating and configuring virtual machines
· Familiarity with pointcloud libraries (PCL)
· Experience with product development in a regulated environment (medical, automotive, defence, rail)
For the successful applicant we are able to provide,
· Competitive salary and equity at a rapidly growing, extremely well-funded startup.
· 10 Days Emergency Nanny Service.
· 4 Week holiday and 10 days sick leave
· Gym membership.
· Free Parking
Self-driving is hard, your choice of LiDAR shouldn’t be. Baraja has invented a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan which delivers the highest performance available to address the challenge of self driving cars.
Baraja is a rapidly growing start-up, with a revolutionary LiDAR for self-driving vehicles. Our HQ is based in Sydney, Australia, with offices in China and the USA.
We are quickly expanding worldwide, hiring through Europe and Asia, closely collaborating with car manufacturers to iterate and refine our vision of what LiDAR needs to be.
Software Tools Team Leader
We’d love to work with you. If this description sounds like you, just apply for this role with the button below and fill out a short form. We’ll get back to you ASAP.