Research & Development (R&D) / Information Systems
Our mission is to enable the robotics revolution through 3D machine vision, by developing and manufacturing a new and innovative approach to LiDAR. We are growing quickly and need talented people to join our diverse and world-class team.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Information Systems Team based in Sydney. The Information Systems team is responsible for delivering digital solutions to support Manufacturing, NPI, R&D, People and Culture, Finance, and Customer Relations across Baraja bringing new products for the automotive and automation industries to market: from concept phase to customer evaluation and mass manufacture.
You will be results orientated, self-motivated, enjoy working on challenging problems and consider innovative solutions to those problems. You will show a flexible attitude and love working in a fast-paced start-up environment. You will be passionate about software engineering particularly web technologies, cloud platforms, data management, and machine learning. In this role you will have the potential to make a significant impact on the future of the business.
Your role will involve, but not be limited to:
- Writing code using Python, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, C#.Net-Core for platform development and ownership of our ERP source code.
- Developing solutions in multiple environments like AWS, Azure, Linux, Windows, Git, Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, and other CI/CD platforms.
- Detailed technical documentation of all systems developed.
- Solving difficult technical problems with initiative and rigour as part of a team
You will need:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Mechatronics, Software/Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Experience developing enterprise web applications on both monolithic and micro-services architecture.
- Experience integrating applications across business groups using API on-prem and cloud.
- Experience implementing or working on DevOps environment (CI, CD).
- Documentation oriented, clean coder and adhere to Baraja software development guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills and a professional, customer-focused attitude.
- Enthusiasm and motivation to take ownership of a project, and curiosity to learn about all aspects of the business and get involved in other projects
- Current permit to work full time in Australia on an ongoing basis
It would be great if you also had:
- Worked on or familiar with Industry 4.0
- Software development role in a regulated environment (medical, automotive, defence, rail).
- Experience within a start-up or similar fast-paced environment with customer-driven products.
- Experience in neural network and deep learning.
Our culture is honest and humble, enabling exceptional people to perform, supported and encouraged to be amazing. We’re mature and experienced, we understand the importance of balance and performance. We strive to enable ourselves to be not only the best at work but in life. We provide salary and equity package, health and wellness, four weeks of holiday plus sick leave and support for family emergencies.
Self-driving is hard, your choice of LiDAR shouldn’t be. Baraja has invented a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ which delivers the highest performance available to address the challenge of self driving cars.
Baraja is a rapidly growing start-up, with a revolutionary LiDAR for self-driving vehicles. Our HQ is based in Sydney, Australia, with offices in China and the USA.
We are quickly expanding worldwide, hiring through Europe and Asia, closely collaborating with car manufacturers to iterate and refine our vision of what LiDAR needs to be.
We’d love to work with you. If this description sounds like you, just apply for this role with the button below and fill out a short form. We’ll get back to you ASAP.