Component Engineer (Mechanical)
Baraja is changing the world of
self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called
Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at
incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple
verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team, so if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
We are looking for a Component Engineer to join our growing Advanced Manufacturing department, engaging with various component and part manufacturers to develop, source and qualify mechanical parts used in the assembly and build of both prototype and released products to manufacturing. Reporting to the NPI Engineering Team Leader, you will be responsible for new and existing mechanical components.
Inside the Job
· Work closely with product development, manufacturing and other teams to ensure part component requirements are verified and met.
· Develop new mechanical inspection jigs, processes and methods that will improve measurement accuracy and improve component quality.
· Drive component quality improvements by identifying supplier manufacturing issues, working with suppliers to develop cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation at the supplier facility.
· Ensure new components in prototypes, new products, and product improvements are reviewed for supplier manufacturability and cost.
· Engage closely with manufacturing to ensure any mechanical component issues are captured, addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
· Support Supply Chain on technical component discussions with existing suppliers.
· 3+ years’ experience in Mechanical Component and Jig Design.
· Experience working with MRP/ERP Systems.
· Proficient in statistical analysis methods to establish supplier performance.
· Experience working with various mechanical component suppliers.
· Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical Engineering.
· Experience in CMM or Vertex program development.
· Experience working with automotive products or customers.
Be part of a high-performance team
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
· Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
· Develop sustained high performance - It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
· Build the machine that builds the machine - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!
Self-driving is hard, your choice of LiDAR shouldn’t be. Baraja has invented a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ which delivers the highest performance available to address the challenge of self driving cars.
Baraja is a rapidly growing start-up, with a revolutionary LiDAR for self-driving vehicles. Our HQ is based in Sydney, Australia, with offices in China and the USA.
We are quickly expanding worldwide, hiring through Europe and Asia, closely collaborating with car manufacturers to iterate and refine our vision of what LiDAR needs to be.
Component Engineer (Mechanical)
We’d love to work with you. If this description sounds like you, just apply for this role with the button below and fill out a short form. We’ll get back to you ASAP.