Baraja is changing
the world of self-driving cars, through the invention of a new type of LiDAR,
called Spectrum-Scan which delivers the highest performance available in the
smallest possible device on the market.
in Sydney, Australia. We are already in production and use case, working with
some of the leading automotive manufacturers globally. Last year we closed a
$42M A round with Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Venture Partners.
We are looking for a Development Engineer to join our close-knit team. Reporting to the Technology Development Team Lead you will be developing hardware designs for the next generation of LiDAR systems.
If you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you. We are after a creative thinker who loves to collaborate. The role is split into research (35%), development (60%) and technical management (5%).
- Assemble and characterise prototype and proof of concept systems, implementing research ideas into prototype systems.
- Perform product design reviews for new systems
- Research and execute simulations to evaluate trade-offs in component selection and tolerances
- Prototype subassemblies to verify future concepts and performance
- Create procedures and processes to effectively transfer concepts to manufacturing partners
- Develop test instrumentation to calibrate and test prototype systems and subassemblies
- Foster innovation and knowledge share among colleagues, presenting technical material and mentoring junior engineer
What you need:
· Tertiary qualifications in Robotics/Mechatronics/Electrical Engineering and Optical Physics
· Experience (min 3 years) developing for FPGA devices in research or industrial applications
· Experience developing high tech products in a startup environment but using a product development process
What we desire:
· Experience with any of: basic optical Physics, PCB design, scripting languages (Python/Matlab), C/C++, embedded C, FPGA programming languages (VHDL/Verilog), autonomous vehicle technologies (SLAM, path planning algorithms, classification algorithms), using LiDARs
· Experience with mechanical design for high reliability components
Be part of a high-performance team
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We’re pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
• Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - what we’re doing is really ambitious and difficult, so we’ll need plenty of hustle to get it done.
• Develop sustained high performance - we’re figuring out what high performance looks like for the people on our team so we can support them and each other to perform at our best sustainably.
• Build the machine that builds the machine - it’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!
Self-driving is hard, your choice of LiDAR shouldn’t be. Baraja has invented a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ which delivers the highest performance available to address the challenge of self driving cars.
Baraja is a rapidly growing start-up, with a revolutionary LiDAR for self-driving vehicles. Our HQ is based in Sydney, Australia, with offices in China and the USA.
We are quickly expanding worldwide, hiring through Europe and Asia, closely collaborating with car manufacturers to iterate and refine our vision of what LiDAR needs to be.
We’d love to work with you. If this description sounds like you, just apply for this role with the button below and fill out a short form. We’ll get back to you ASAP.