Support Services / Finance
We’re looking for a Financial Controller to develop and maintain the accounting system and methodology in order to improve decision making in the business and continuously improve business and administration processes to maximise revenue generation and retention, cost efficiency and profitability. The FC is to ensure that Baraja Pty Ltd meets all of its statutory and partner reporting requirements, contractual obligations and maintains an exemplary reputation in its chosen industry and the broader community.
· Review the current Business Plan and Budget and report to CEO and others as appropriate opportunities and threats
· Review current product cost and pricing structure with the VP Business Development and others as appropriate, recommend pricing amendments to achieve profitability outcomes agreed with the CEO and others
· Review current business cash flow and funding model, recommend future direction and implement agreed actions
· Review current Finance Department structure and member capabilities, assign responsibilities to individual team members and implement agreed Key Performance Indicators across all activities
· Review the roles, responsibilities and where currently employed capabilities of other direct reports, confirm responsibilities and implement agreed Key Performance Indicators across all activities
· Review current accounting systems with others, recommend future direction and implement agreed actions
· Represent the Finance function as stream lead in the ERP implementation and in the Integrated Business Planning process
· Review current business management policies and procedures, recommend future direction and implement agreed actions Strategic Planning – On-Going
· Develop, implement and review with others as appropriate Business Plans and Budgets (month and annual) for the business as a whole and for each of its functions
· Identify financial targets for each function in order to support and achieve the overall profitability outcomes as agreed with the CEO and others
· Review regularly (not less than twice yearly) product cost and pricing structure with the CEO and others as appropriate, recommend pricing amendments to achieve profitability outcomes agreed with the CEO and others
· Review monthly business cash flow and funding and take action agreed with the CEO to manage cash flow and funding to meet business demands
· Review compliance with financial and monetary legislation in Australia and where necessary (e.g. USA, China, other export destinations, etc.) and amend and/or introduce new policies and procedures
· Ensure Baraja Pty Ltd meet statutory reporting obligations
· Complete statutory reporting prior to dispatch of goods for export or as required
· Prepare with others as appropriate monthly, quarterly and year-end Financial accounts including Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Company Accounts adjustments, and where necessary annual reports no later than 15th of August each year
· Prepare timely cost accounting reports, including operating variance analysis on a monthly basis
· Act as partner to the Founders and contribute to timely decision making aided by cost driver analysis and modelling
· Directly manage the activities of all accounts staff and ensure all activities are completed to required standards and within agreed timeframes
· Oversight of the accounting function for Australian and USA entity (managing an in-house accountant and being point of contact for external accountant). Able to interpret the numbers, understand the P&L and drive a budgeting process
· Financial reporting to management and Board. Requires sound grasp of supply-chain and manufacturing, which are key to financial management and profitability. Monitor cashflow / working capital Investor relations, legal and compliance
· First point of contact for investors and managing their queries.
· Manage external legal and tax advisors related to the company
· Work closely with the team to ensure that the business is at all times compliant with policies and regulations and that all relevant insurance is in place
· Act as Company Secretary
Skills and Qualifications
· Financial modelling like a champion (Excel advanced formulas, etc)
· Deep experience with high-tech hardware manufacturing and R&D
· Extensive experience managing finance teams, preparing and analysing reports and making improvements to fiscal tools and systems
· Relevant qualifications in the fields of: Finance or Economics, Accounting, Business Administration, Business Law, CPA (Certified Practising Accountants) or CA (Chartered Accountants)
· Ideal candidates would be members of recognised professional associations such as the Finance and Treasury Association, Australian Bankers Association or FINSIA
Our culture is honest and humble, enabling exceptional people to perform, supported and encouraged to be amazing. We’re mature and experienced, we understand the importance of balance and performance. We strive to enable ourselves to be not only the best at work but in life. We provide salary and equity package, health and wellness, four weeks of holiday plus sick leave and support for family emergencies.
If the above sounds exciting, then let’s talk.
Self-driving is hard, your choice of LiDAR shouldn’t be. Baraja has invented a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ which delivers the highest performance available to address the challenge of self driving cars.
Baraja is a rapidly growing start-up, with a revolutionary LiDAR for self-driving vehicles. Our HQ is based in Sydney, Australia, with offices in China and the USA.
We are quickly expanding worldwide, hiring through Europe and Asia, closely collaborating with car manufacturers to iterate and refine our vision of what LiDAR needs to be.
We’d love to work with you. If this description sounds like you, just apply for this role with the button below and fill out a short form. We’ll get back to you ASAP.