Research and Development / Product Development / Electronics
Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars, through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan which delivers the highest performance available. We have traction with global auto manufacturers, a $US33M A Round from leading VC’s including Sequoia China, Blackbird and Main Sequence and growing rapidly. We are now searching for a Project Manager.
The Project Manager will be responsible for creating a link between project reality and the documented plan to assist with business outcomes and decision making (schedule, resource, timing, scenarios).
This is a greenfield opportunity to join an outstanding team that has built
and deployed a world-class product in a very exciting vertical market of
autonomous vehicles. Baraja is based out of Sydney, Australia and operates globally with offices
in the US and China.
Core responsibilities of the role:
- Project Management using Lean/Agile techniques
- Document technical product requirements and coordinate technical design efforts to turn them into detailed product design specifications.
- Plan, document and track projects using lean project management tools
- Schedule mapping
- Resource assignment
- Project scenario mapping
- Flagging project shortfalls (cost, schedule, resource, time, scope)
- Assist with project ceremonies
- Develop and contribute to a world-class Lean Hardware / Software product development project management system
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure that all projects responsibilities are clearly defined and communicated, key deliverables and/or success criteria understood, and timeframes agreed
- Identify project interdependencies across teams and stakeholders, track and report progress, anticipate issues and potential failures ahead of time and implement corrective action.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to drive and influence commitment to and effort required to meet challenging delivery schedules
- Continually review and refine better methods of managing work tasks and deliverables.
What we need in this role:
- Bachelor’s or higher in Project Management, Lean, Computer Science, Software/Electrical/Electronic engineering or equivalent
- Current permit to work full time in Australia on an ongoing basis
- Product development lifecycle management involving complex technical deliverables across technical design and engineering teams.
- Formal Agile project management experience with knowledge of Lean practices to improve efficiency
- Strong project documentation skills
- Superior coordination skills with the ability to build relationships and influence decision making and consensus building amongst diverse groups of contributors
- End to end technical product development experience in a high-tech environment.
- Solid customer facing experience with the ability to satisfy customer demands
- Experience with Lean PM software tools (JIRA, Jama, Azure DevOps)
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and under tight time constraints
- Enthusiasm and motivation to take ownership of a project
- Professional, customer-focussed attitude
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a startup and/or automotive industry
- Experience developing hardware and software projects using MS Azure DevOps
Our culture is honest and humble, enabling exceptional people to perform, supported and encouraged to be amazing. We’re mature and experienced, we understand the importance of balance and performance. We strive to enable ourselves to be not only the best at work but in life. We provide salary and equity package, health and wellness, four weeks of holiday plus sick leave and support for family emergencies.
If the above sounds exciting, then let’s talk!
Self-driving is hard, your choice of LiDAR shouldn’t be. Baraja has invented a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ which delivers the highest performance available to address the challenge of self driving cars.
Baraja is a rapidly growing start-up, with a revolutionary LiDAR for self-driving vehicles. Our HQ is based in Sydney, Australia, with offices in China and the USA.
We are quickly expanding worldwide, hiring through Europe and Asia, closely collaborating with car manufacturers to iterate and refine our vision of what LiDAR needs to be.
We’d love to work with you. If this description sounds like you, just apply for this role with the button below and fill out a short form. We’ll get back to you ASAP.